Monday, 20 February 2012

19th February 2012

So as I mentioned yesterday, today I went to by best friend's baby's first birthday party! I can't believe she's one already!

<>


This is how she looked when I first met her. She's approx a week old here. Gorgeous. See adoring daddy looking on in awe!

<>


 Here she is now, 1 year and 1 day old! She was smiling at Paul all afternoon, then when I come to take a pic, she turns into a grumpy chops! Michelle (holding her) was tickling her and everything. No avail.

<>

Here's a pic of that cheeky grin, taken in December, so you all can see my adorable little flowergirl to be! :)


I promised Lucy that I'd make her a lemon drizzle cake for the party, as it's Chris (A's Dad)'s favourite. As it's probably the thing I bake best, I thought 'why not?!'



Here's the cake batter, pre-mixing. Flour, sugar, lemon peel, butter, lemon curd, lemon juice and eggs. And, of course, my secret ingredient! ;)


 Post-mixing. Nice and light and fluffy!



Into the baking tins they go, to be baked for 40-45 minutes!



Voila! The finished product! Happy First Birthday, Poopy Pants! :O)

Yes, that was mummy-approved. I usually write something obscene on any cakes for Lucy, so this was a compromise! I can't swear to a 1 year old!

Oh joy. Back to work tomorrow. Didn't I only just leave that place?








No comments:

Post a Comment