Sunday, 18 March 2012

18th March 2012 :(

Today's blog post is dedicated to my Grandfather, Hubert Hartley, who sadly passed away this morning, at 4.20am.

While we knew it was only a matter of time that it was going to happen, it is still an incredibly sad time for the whole Hartley family. At least he is no longer in pain.

L-R: Uncle Fran, Granddad, My Dad - Anthony, Auntie Elaine, Grandma Lillian, Auntie Catherine and Auntie Barbara.

This picture was taken at my cousin Nicola's wedding back in October 2007. Parents and their five children. Grandma was very frail back then, but you can see how in love my Grandad still was with her. They had been married a bloody long time. 60+ years.


L-R: Catherine, Dad, Granddad, Elaine, Fran, Barbara.
This pic was from my cousin Adam's 18th, which was May 2008 if I remember rightly.

From then on, things did start to go downhill. But I am choosing not to think of those times. I'm choosing to remember my granddad as the happy man he always was, especially when surrounded by his family. Yes, he would turn off his hearing aids as we tend to get quite loud, but he would happily sit in silence, watching his family interract; occasionally telling you stories of his travels etc.

So my pictures today, aren't new. Quite frankly there is nothing I could desire to take a picture of today after everything. I'm sure no-one will judge me for this.



Rest in Peace, Granddad. Loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. We will all miss you so much. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment