Saturday, 13 April 2013

11/04/2013 - Adventure time!

I can't complain about work today as I wasn't in the office! YAY! I like a day off. Well. It wasn't really a day off, as I had to head to our Head Office for a day of training. But still...I wasn't at my desk, so it was kind of a day off, right?

I headed out at the usual time to get a train to Manchester, and it was surprisingly quiet to say that it was peak time. At Piccadilly station I was meeting my colleague from another office to head on our adventure together.


A fairly quiet Piccadilly station. It's normally a little busier than this!


Network Rail welcomed me to Manchester. Which is nice. Shame it costs so bloody much to get there, to say it's not that far away from where I live!

Anyway, I met my colleague and we had our tram adventure over to our Head Office. There we endured a lot of complicated talk about some of the new stuff we have to do. Yeah. I don't like it. I also don't like it when people higher up in the pecking order complicate things further so we're all thoroughly baffled, and talk about things that aren't relevant to us. YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR WORK IF WE CAN'T DO OURS AND YOU'RE CONFUSING US! SHUT UP. Aherm. Needless to say, someone got on my wick a little.

At least we were provided with a bit of lunch, which was nice.

From there, we had a tour of the offices, which are very nice...very magnolia, but that's not the end of the world I guess. I then went for more training, which ended up me and the guys who were training me sitting and stressing how we are doomed. Because we might be. :(

I then headed back, alone, to the tram, and had to work out which bloomin' tram to get. Loads were going the other way, but none were coming back! I was there for AGES waiting! In the rain! I got a little cranky.



I managed to just catch the train I wanted to get back to sunny Wavertree, and sat and immersed myself in my book. It's a good job I looked up, as I noticed we were whizzing through the station before mine! The 40 or so minute train journey flew by! Which was excellent!

I got home and told Paul everything I had learnt today and how I'm doomed as I will have to make sales pitches to clients and I am not a salesman. I could sell booze at the pub as people who come into a pub want a drink! Telling people that they have to part with money when the whole reason we're speaking to them is because they want compensating is not going to be easy.

I think I deserved one of these.



I enjoyed every mouthful.

We watched some eps of Community that we had missed and went to bed with a smile on our faces. Because there's nothing like a little bit of laughter to make the world seem like a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment