Saturday, 25 May 2013

18/05/2013 - Woe is me!

I woke up this morning with a migraine. Not good. One is not amused.

I ate a couple of crackers and took some medication and it eased. Temporarily. Which was good as I had to head into Liverpool to meet my bezzie who needed to do some shopping before heading out to Sorrento in a couple of weeks to be a bridesmaid at her friend's wedding.

As it was a bit of a rushed sesh, we went for some lunch before she got her train back home. We went to a place called House on Bold Street. Everywhere was absolutely packed. This place - not so much!


It's a bit trendy and mismatched, but it's fun enough and the menu is quite varied.


Luce decided that lunch was on her as she had got some pretty good tips the night before. She came back from ordering lunch with these:


Gin and tonic. For breakfast (I hadn't eaten yet, other than the couple of crackers earlier on). I'm not proud of this but couldn't say no.


I ordered cheese and ham ploughmans. It was good, although I had the outside slice of bread so one side was a little dry. Clearly they didn't do what we did when working in catering and use the other side as toast.


Lucy had citrus and coriander wrap. We were going to go halvsies but she decided she liked hers so much she wolfed the lot down!


 We also got a this little delight. Cheese fondue!

Before anyone comments - cheese isn't my migraine trigger. I think today's was caused by last night's large glass of wine!

We did enjoy the melted cheese delight. To the extent we were gutted that we ran out of things to dip in it. The celery was awful and flimsy so we gave it a miss.

The next picture is all Lucy. I did not chastise her for it as I found it very funny!


Yep - we got a spoon. Drank it like soup. HEALTHY!

She had to get the train home, so I did a little more shopping and then came home. Which was a good thing as the migraine came back with a vengeance so back to bed I went.

I can't honestly tell you what I did for the rest of the evening. I had some dinner. I think I stayed in bed and probably caught up on my blog! I am awfully lax. Sorry.

Today's #FitTeam13 #PhotoFitChallenge isn't an easy one for me. It is all to do with swimming. I can't really swim. I'm not very confident and I don't like swimming pools really. The chemicals in the water make my skin dry and sore. I much prefer sea swimming, which only happens on holiday.

I have scoured our holiday pics for a pic of me in the sea and none exist (apart from one from about 6 years ago on me in Turkey night swimming, and it's of me in my bikini when I was super skinny but even though it's on Facebook, I'm not putting it out there AGAIN!) so here's a pic of me in Tunisia 3 years ago in the sea. This was us walking back to the hotel after swimming so technically it counts..


Yeah. I fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment