Saturday, 25 May 2013

24/05/2013 - RIP Boutr0s

Guys, today started badly.

I slept for about 4 hours. I woke up at stupid o'clock because the baby next door WOULD NOT STOP SCREAMING. Seriously. I don't blame the baby. He's a baby. But he was screaming for over an hour.

I understand that when you're a parent, you can't go to your child every time it cries. I know that. I also understand the whole thing about letting it learn to sleep in a room by itself. HOWEVER, an hour of screaming?! This wasn't attention-seeking screaming, this was genuine DO SOMETHING screaming. You know what they did? They put on the AWFUL CD that they always play. Granted, not at the volume that it's usually on during the day, but that's what they did to stop the baby crying. Spoiler. It didn't work.

After an hour of me huffing and puffing and generally being really p***ed off, I remembered my secret weapon: ear plugs. In they went and back off to sleep I went.

Until 3.30am when Barney decided it was a perfectly acceptable hour to stomp all over me asking for attention. I gave him a tickle - he purred and curled up next to my head. Until I stopped tickling him as I fell back asleep, where he started stomping again, then jumping onto the side and knocking bits and bobs onto the floor. With a dramatic exclamation of "Mummy can't do this, Barney! She just can't!" (yes, I refer to myself in the third person), I got up and went to give them more biscuits. Anything to get them to let me sleep!

It worked. I got to go back to sleep. Until 5.40am when the alarm went off for us to get up and go to the gym.

I didn't want to go. But we went anyway. I did some weights. It was tough.

I came home and showered. As I was getting ready for work, I got a text from my Mum to relay the devastating news that my fishy, Boutr0s-Boutr0s, had passed away in the night.

WAAAA!

I have mentioned Boutr0s-Boutr0s before, but for those of you who have not been paying attention, I have had him for over 10 years. Probably more like 11! Granted, Mum has had custody of him for the whole of that time, but he was my fishy. He was a pink kissing gourami and had been a lone-fish for some time. His tank-mate, Ghali, passed away a little time ago.

I can't remember why we decided to name them after an Egyptian politician, but that was his name.

The last ever pic taken of Boutr0s-Boutr0s, taken on 10th May 2013.

Rest in Peace, Boutr0s-Boutr0s. I missed you anyway, but Mummy Hartley will miss you the most. She won't miss how much you cost her over the years, but that empty tank won't be nice for her. :(

On that sad note I went to work and lamented my loss to my colleagues, who thought it was really funny. Meanies.

After work, we debated going to a yoga class, but as a full box of envelopes had just fallen on my head in the office, making me go a little dizzy, we decided to just go home.

I can't remember if I tweeted the picture of the cat grass I started growing last week. This is it now!


 It has come along a treat!

Speaking of treats; as the kitties get one, I feel like we deserve one as well!


This chocolate has been getting a lot of press recently. It's completely Marmite (either love it or hate it) according to the people I know who have tried it.


My verdict: I really don't know! The jelly bits are also popping candy which is the stuff that crackles in the back of your mouth when you eat it.

I can't decide if it's fun or just plain annoying. I only ate the above. Will have to try some more just to see!

Absolutely exhausted, I managed to watch this week's 'Revolution' and then headed to bed. Pretty sure I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

Today's #FitTeam13 #PhotoFitChallenge: Weights or Body Weights.

I did weights at the gym this morning. I didn't take a picture. Nobody needs to see that. Plus it's a bit weird taking photos at the gym! Instead, I got Paul to take this one of me doing dips at home.


Ignore the crazy amounts of dust on the side of my trousers. Pretend I meant for that to be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment