Thursday, 22 August 2013

18/08/2013 - Dum dum de dum!

It's Sunday. An odd day for what's in store for now, but we're going with it!

We're off to a wedding! Yes - a wedding on a Sunday! A mere 20 days before our wedding day! EEKS!

Many of the people at this wedding will also be at ours! This adds extra pressure. I have the fire dancers on standby, just in case.

Anyway, I had to get up at a fairly reasonable hour to start the preparations for the day. It's not just a regular Sunday, after all! There's work to be done here!

So, I had to get my scouse on.


What's this? Well...it resulted in me looking like this for an hour...


Excuse make-up free me.

People from Liverpool are called scousers, and it's a Scouse stereotype to wear rollers with your pajamas. Outside of the house. Seriously. To the shops with you hair in rollers. I don't have that much in the way of guts I'm afraid!

I don't have any pictures of the after. The rollers didn't really work. Except to give my hair volume, which is something that my hair does not need at all!

So we suited up (which is why Paul needed shoes yesterday) and headed to Chester where the wedding was being held!


This is as we are driving over the Runcorn bridge. The Runcorn bridge is a big icon in the North West. And it also happens to be very similar to the Sydney Harbour Bridge! So if we close our eyes, we can pretend we're on the other side of the world!

TO THE WEDDING!

The venue was a lovely hotel just outside of Chester. We were there reasonably early and met up with a few of Paul's school friends. Then we headed to the ceremony.

It was a very quick ceremony but very nice. They had a string quartet who were playing some very quick music which was making us all tense. But it's all good because the wedding happened and the happy couple were married!


Congratulations, Mr & Mrs Taylor!

We were then shown out onto the lawn for pink fizz and canapes. The weather was lovely so we didn't mind.

After what seemed like a very long time we went into the Shooting Suite where the reception was to take place.

We quickly found our seat, along with other friends, and settled in for our scran.


My place card. Very nice. I personally can't wait to see people's reactions to their place cards at our wedding! I hope people don't just think 'nice', they think 'wow' or 'how much effort did they put into these?!'.

Anyway, the food was nice. We had a chicken and ham terrine for starter, followed by Chicken satimbocca with rice, veg  and potatoes. Very nice again. Pudding was a glazed lemon tart. Which was DIVINE. Perfect pudding for me. It was like a lemon tart crossed with creme brulee. OH EM GEE I am salivating just thinking about it!

We were kicked out of the room again so they could set up for the evening do. So we headed outside to have some pictures taken. Here's one of the boys.


How handsome is my lovely Paul on the far right there?! Like his suit? That's the one he bought last Wednesday while I was at my fitting!

This is also a tradition amongst that lot...


Next up is Paul's turn. Mwahahahahaa!

Then the party carried on!

Here are the lovely couple cutting their cake.


And during their first dance.


For any of you that are interested, their first dance was Goo Goo Dolls - Iris. Which is nice!

Then the party got silly! I was cuddling a gorgeous baby and Paul was catching up with his pals.


Such handsome boys!

I managed to catch up with the Bride as well.

Sadly, she can't make it to our wedding, as she lives in Doha and can't make it over so soon after their wedding. It's a shame as she's lovely.


She doesn't like having her picture taken though...or, more likely, she probably was fed up of smiling at people taking pictures. Mental note: face will ache after all the pictures taken!

Paul was driving and we left a little early, but not too bad. I was slightly merry...which would make work tomorrow very interesting!

1 comment:

  1. there is no wedding competition here you know ;)

    looks like an absolutely lovely day.. I remember my wedding day all those years ago and my face ached during the reception line

    Just 15 days now!!

    ReplyDelete