Friday, 8 November 2013

22/10/2013 - DIY Vanity

We went to the gym this morning.

Yeah.

Sorry, I should have prepared you for that earth-shattering revelation. I bet you're all crazy shocked about it, huh?!

It was difficult. We both struggled with our workouts, but better we went than not, right? I would have been very easily tempted to stay in bed a little longer, but instead we gymmed!

We then went to work. I had another yawnsome day of not a great deal. T had her appraisal and was in and out in 5 minutes with a big smile on her face. So I'm guessing that went well! Fingers crossed for mine tomorrow, right?

Speaking of fingers, mine were driving me crazy with how ridiculously long my nails are. Sick of these plastic things. I had to go to the post office at lunch time, after successfully being granted a petty cash fund (yep - I'm that trusted!) so had a few bits to pick up. I got some acetone polish remover to soak these bad boys off my fingers.

Not with the petty cash fund - that would be wrong.

When I got home I stuck my fingers in a bowl of the acetone and waited. And waited. And waited some more. It was starting to soften but it was taking forever. So I decided to consult with my friend Google, who knows everything.

Which is how I became half-Cags/half-robot.


I realise now that Hallowe'en is a week away but I was getting into the spirit of things early! So sue me!

I soaked cotton wool in the liquid, then wrapped it on my nail with tin foil. The foil wouldn't stay on so I used surgical tape to hold it there.

The result? They've almost totally come off most of my nails. The thumbs are not going anyway. Urgh. Looks like I'm stuck with them forever!

We watched some Sleepy Hollow tonight. Anyone else watching it? It's quite good. Very intriguing. We're sporadic in our watching though, so hopefully there will be a few episodes for us to catch up on.

Anything else people out there are watching that's good? The more suggestions I get, the more I'll have to do of an evening and the more content for my blog! Winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment