Wednesday, 18 December 2013

13/12/2013 - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry. Today I think I embodied the living dead. I was a complete zombie. I woke up 4 or 5 times with Barney. I hate being a light sleeper. It's even worse when you have a poorly baby (in my case, fur baby) and can't do anything about it. :( :(

The alarm went off early but neither Paul or I needed it. We had been awake for hours worrying about Barney. We were told to give it a few days for the medicine to kick in. So we are. But it's not kicking in. Think we'll be back on Monday.

I literally have no idea how I made it through work today. My eyes are so puffy they are near enough closed. The dark circles under my eyes look like I have broken my nose or something. Not good. I need to get Barney better so I can sleep.

I miss the days when he'd just stomp over me for attention. I can live with that. The retching is torture.

Giving him medicine is so upsetting as he hates it and is terrified. We hate it too. Barney isn't insured, because I'm a dumbass, and when I tried to add him to Maia's policy, there were complications, so I never took out a separate one for him. But we're going to have to take him back to the vet and be prepared to spend a fortune to get whatever is wrong with him fixed.

We were allowed to leave work a little earlier today. Probably because I looked such a state.

I got back home and settled down on the sofa, but then I thought I should probably get everything done that I need to get done before probably falling asleep on the sofa.

Paul had his second Christmas party in Manchester tonight so he wouldn't even be home until late to wake me up!

First on the list - find an outfit for my Christmas party tomorrow. I couldn't be bothered to go shopping for a new outfit, so I have a rummage in the 'spare' wardrobe to see if there is anything else in there.


My two favourite dress colours apparently. These are all options. We will see how I feel tomorrow!

I also need to iron them. Silly short wardrobes.

I then decided to wrap Paul's Christmas present, making the most of his absence.


The cats always make it difficult to wrap gifts. This year was no exception. Barney loves wrapping paper and ribbons. I indulged him for a while because I'm a soppy so and so and am enjoying seeing him happy at the minute instead of poorly.


Our blurry solitary Christmas decoration, courtesy of Mummy Kirkham!

I played with Barney and Maia for a while with Da Bird, which was a popular choice. Maia doesn't normally join in but she did tonight!

I then reheated some of yesterday's leftover paella (shut up!) and settled in front of the tv with a glass of wine to watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - extended edition, in preparation for watching The Desolation of Smaug on Sunday. So excited!


Polished off the lot!

After The Hobbit, I did some blogging and caught up on my guilty pleasure tv shows - **cough** Vampire Diaries **cough** and the last ep was just finishing when Paul came home and we went to sleep!

I made it to bed and everything! Go me!

Wow - just shows how much better my blog is when I do it on time! I need to keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment